Monday, September 28, 2009

just listened to While You Wait For The Others
by super buzz band Grizzly Bear
think this should be a hit song
i think America would find this to be "Authentic"
i mean, c'mon bro,
this is super chill
can't wait for this train to take off
can't believe i went all the way to O'Hare
think I'm going to miss Beach House
hope i get there before they play
quiet chance to start my tab
i only drink PBR, you know that
doesn't it just epitomize my blue collar roots?
you know, regardless of growing up in suburbia
Oh, you like my flannel shirt and wool hat?
I got them from U.O. of course
I feel like it connects me with my inner self
I have these vivid past memories of a former life
I remember being a sheep herding dog in the mountain lands

oh but the cardigan i was wearing the other day?
that's representative of my current life as a Chicago elite
i mean, I'm just so informed
hold on i have to stop at this atm
need to see if the 'rents sent my rent

the best part of rolling your own cigs
is not only the extra cash,
but you can use that extra cash to go green and roll mixers
i think that's why i missed my train
smoked two on the drive
all organic tobacco too
cancer's better if it's organic
so glad to be 21 and in art school
everyone will read my poetry
and elect me mayor
and i'll be the president poet laureate
and the world will be Authentically peaceful
universal health care and schooling
a new age in cultural relevancy
it'll be like one a big version of France now
guess I'm the future of the world
stoned on a train in Chicago

No comments: